Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brain Dead

I am brain dead. Really brain dead. I'm also quite ill, so that might have something to do with it. I hate being sick, with a passion. My nose is stuffed, throat is sore, and I'm mouth breathing... ew. I also get super needy and it's not fun. Did I also mention I become super brain dead?? I just was trawling through the archives of Confessions of A Cookbook Queen's blog for a good 45 minutes. It was good mindless entertainment. I need someone to bring me soup while I watch Dr Who sneak peeks and get judged or nosed violently by my rabbit.

Yikes. Judgmental beady-eyed albino rabbit.

But besides whining about being brain dead (which I keep misspelling), I actually have something to say.

So after my last post about being poor, I remembered something. I have enough ingredients to make angel food cake, which is my favorite food ever.

However, I decided to dress it up and make it fun this time around.

That is a lovely angel food cake covered with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut. It was so good. I half got the inspiration from Get Off Your Butt And Bake! who made a coconut cream cheese lime angel food cake.

So fluffy.

And, let me geek out about this for a second.

Love that more than anything. I'm such a nerd, but that's what makes good angel food cake.

Traditionally, angel food cake pans come with legs to help support the cake as you let it cool upside down so it doesn't deflate. Mine doesn't come with just spiffy legs, so I have to improvise with whatever I have laying around.

Tabasco to the rescue!

And then a few days ago I made these.

By the time I finally managed to take a picture they've been pretty much devoured. These are a batch of chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. I got the recipe here at AllRecipes.com. They were really good, a little hard, but I think a little more butter could fix that.

My last week was pretty good. I also bought myself a new dress too. Again, I'm glad maxi dresses are still in style.

And it has pockets!

Well, I'm off to take more musinex and hope my sinus clear.

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment