Sunday, April 10, 2011

Improvisation

Wow, it's been a while. I've been busy and pretty poor. No me gusta. So I haven't been able to upload as much baking/cooking pictures as I would like.

I have been doing a lot of cooking with whatever I can find in my pantry. Usually, this leads to why I think I could be a great chef, or one of the worst.

So, I suffer from this terrible habit when it comes to cooking. I improvise. A lot. I do it all the time, even with new recipes. Here is an example of said improvising recipe.


This WAS supposed to be oven baked fried chicken. Something looks off... It's not supposed to look like that! Mind you, I've never battered or fried anything so I'm pretty sure I had my processes wrong.

It still came out great and tasted pretty damn tasty, even though it looks like it hasn't been cooked at all.


So, in case anyone is actually wondering how to make it; here it is.

1 lb of skinless chicken breasts
1 c of Japanese Panko crumbs
1/3 c of whole wheat flour
1/2 c of liquid substitute egg (I used a real egg)
Salt and Pepper or your own seasoning, I used Sata seasonings from Penzy's.

Preheat to 425, bake for 25 minutes

Mix flour and seasoning in a gallaon bag, the panko bread crumbs in another, and the egg in a bowl.

First, place the chicken in the bag full of flour and seasoning and shake. Then take out and dip in the egg, and then the panko crumbs, and place into a pan and bake.

Spark Recipes "Fried" Chicken Recipe


~H

No comments:

Post a Comment