Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Acceptance is Delicious

I realized something today. Well, not exactly today. At 5'4 it's always been pretty obvious. I'm never going to be a model.

But as I was devouring a piece of toast, buttered and topped with cinnamon and sugar, while watching yet another episode of How I Met Your Mother (favorite show right now) I noticed that the girls that Barney and Ted were after were all twigs. (And/ or had big boobs, which I will never have short of surgery or pregnancy.)

Those girls in the show are beautiful. Girls envy them. Guys want them. And I wish I could eat all the pasta and tiramisu in the world and still look like that. Unfortunately, I am a normal human being. I have hips. I have a butt. I have this little tummy pudge. My boobs are nearly nonexistent. Waffles are delicious. I will never stop eating ice cream. And I would rather be fat than give up fried chicken and mashed potatoes! (Well, not fat exactly. But I'm willing to be forced into my "fat" jeans.)

I think the point of this post is, we all have priorities in life. Some people want to be the hottest ones at the party. Some people want to be the smartest. And some of us want to be well-fed. And if I have to work my butt off running and swimming so I can eat those waffles then so be it. I will display my curves with pride as I devour that delicious cheeseburger in front of those anorexic models. They can show off their bodies while I show off my utter lack of dieting. We can all be happy.

Maybe breakfast is a banana and lunch is a salad, dinner is brown rice and grilled chicken. But everyone needs to veg out sometimes. With that, I leave you with 2 delicious recipes. Both easy snacks that you can chow down on while you're being a couch potato.

Peanut butter popcorn (recipe from my boyfriend, who likes my butt)
1 bag popcorn, popped
3/4 cup honey (or sugar)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Pop that popcorn. While popping, heat honey in a small pot until it starts to bubble a little.
Take the honey off the heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
In a large bowl, mix PB & honey mixture into popped popcorn.
Eat with a spoon if it's still a mess. This is great after sitting in the refrigerator for a little while.


Cinnamon Sugar Toast
2 pieces of bread
Cinnamon
Sugar
Butter

Toast the bread. Butter the bread. Shake cinnamon and sugar on the buttered toast.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment